This set of instructions will guide you through the process of installing an executable file in preparation for transferring data from InstantGMP™ software to QuickBooks desktop applications. If you need more detailed instructions, you can download the Materials Import User Manual:
1. Click the link below to download the file that will install the 2 apps (below) that will be needed on your computer.
installer_v1.0.10 (Note: this is a large file and may take a long time to download with slower connections)
2. Install the InstantGMP™ Material Export app.
- Unzip the zipped installer file. WinRar is an excellent program to use to extract the files.
- The InstantGMP™ Material Export app must be installed on the same computer where your desktop version of QuickBooks is running.
3. Install the QuickBooks SDK app.(downloaded automatically as part of the InstantGMP™ Material Export App)
- After installation, this imagewill appear for the application with the text – “InstantGMP™ Material Export”
Set Up Instructions to Import Existing Material Names into InstantGMP from QuickBooks
1. Open your QuickBooks Desktop on your computer and export the Items List (Lists >> Item List >> Excel >> Export all Items)
2. Enter the raw materials, ingredients and finished products from exported item list into the spreadsheet below:
3. Submit the Data Import Spreadsheet to your InstantGMP Trainer who will make sure this data is entered into your new InstantGMP™ software instance.
4. Ensure your QuickBooks Chart of Accounts includes the following:
- “Inventory Asset” as an Asset Account
- “Manufacturing” as a COGS account