After the initial installation and set up, you will use these instructions any time you want to coordinate your InstantGMP™ and QuickBooks inventory data.
1. Open QuickBooks Desktop
- QuickBooks must be open before the InstantGMP™ Material Export app can run
- It is highly recommended that you backup your company file before using the export app for the first time
2. On the same computer, open the InstantGMP™ Material export application
- When the InstantGMP™ Material Export establishes a connection with QuickBooks Desktop, it checks which version of the qbXML specification is supported by the version of QuickBooks that is currently running.
- The InstantGMP™ Material Export will branch and deal intelligently with differences between different versions of the qbXML specification.
- Data exchange will be under control of the business owner. Data will be exported from the InstantGMP™ application in a way that all data coming into QuickBooks can be reviewed and edited prior to export.
- During the first use of the QB Exporter, the following U/M sets will be installed or updated in QuickBooks: bottle, box, carton, ea, fl oz, ft, g, gal, in, kg, L, lb, m, mg, mL, oz, shipper, tblsp, tsp.
- During the first use of the QB Exporter, an Income Account = InstantGMP™ will be added or updated.
3. Open your InstantGMP™ software and navigate to the “Inventory Use” screen.
4. Click the "Download Current Inventory" button. A dialog box will open:
5. Save the file (CurrentInventory.csv) to a convenient location on your computer (e.g. your Desktop).
6. Go to the InstantGMP™ Export app and click the "Open" button.
7. Open the CurrentInventory.csv file that was just saved and click the “Export” button.
- During the first use of the QB Exporter, the following income account will be added or updated: InstantGMP™ Account.
- The export function will have the ability to determine if an inventory part is new to QuickBooks.
- If so, it will add the new inventory items with data such as Item, Material Part #, Quantity on Hand, Unit of Measure, Income Account and Type.
- The Export function will display the item name, and allow the other fields to be edited prior to export.
- If any Unit of Measure or Income Account is not already in the QuickBooks desktop, the Export function will add them.
- If any Vendor is not already in QuickBooks, the Export function will add them.
- The Export function will have the ability to identify existing Inventory Parts in QuickBooks and update the Quantity on Hand.
- A notification will appear that new inventory items have been added in QuickBooks since the last Export.
- After Export, the .csv file will be deleted from your computer.
8. Click the Done button to close the Material Data Export app.